Monday, October 8, 2012

This Is Tape Time

You think vinyls are too trendy ? Ok, go further, let's collecting tapes. Tape are so cool ! Too 80's ! Some band made tapes at their beginning because it's cheaper and easy to make at the beginning of the 2K's. Some other band continue because it's cool.

Fuck, I'm ok, I love tapes and this is my little collection.


The first one is the amazing Demo 2003 from Have Heart. Yes, the record with 57 variant of vinyl. This is an homemade tape with paper cover dans handwritten sticker.

My tape is Clear but some other are white, ... The band just took what he had on hand.


Next, we have the also incredible Demo of What Feeds The Fire. Great great band with future members of Verse and Soul Control. You can check my 7" collection of Set Me Free here.

This record isn't Set Me Free, it's the first Demo.

The tape is Clear with homemade paper cover and handwritten sticker. She's handnumbered on the edge. This is the number #1 but I don't know if it's like the "Demo #1" or if I got the tape n° 1 out of... Hum, I also don't know how many tape were produced. 


If you read this post, you may know how many I love collecting The Effort's 7" with alternative covers. Necessarily, I got the tape of Wartime Citizens too. 

Panic Recors also released this version. Homemade paper cover, great tagged sticker and handnumber. So cool. 

My tape is White with n° 53 of 100. I don't know if some other color exist.


Wolf Whistle is one of Pat Flynn's new band. They made really great stuff on vinyl (here). So, Working Man released tape version of their last two records.

The first one is the Demo Two & Live WERS Set. Working Man released two run with many color variation. I got the Solid Blue of the second run out of 50 copies.


The other one is the recent MA Glory. I got the Solid Green edition of the first run out of 50 copies.

Working Man also released : Solid Red (20 copies, label exclusive), Clear w/ Blue Liner (30 copies, band exclusive) and now a second run with White tape out of 50. A Test Tape also exist. Yes, a Test Tape ! Only one copies with "Test" tagged cover. Funny.


Wake The Dead is a great Hardcore band from my city, Marseille. Live And Learn Records released their new EP, Meaningless Expectations, on tape.

25 copies handnumbered : 20 Black (n° 1 to 20) and 5 White (n° 21 to 25). The White is blank, but the Black one is tagged with the band name.

I got the n° 21 of 25. 


In march, we did play Witch Cult in Marseille. So I take their Split Tape with Drainland. This is an homemade White tagged tape. I got the n° 35, but I don't how many were released. I see some version with black and white cover on the net. Mine is in color.


Finaly, this is the Basement Tapettes of The Hatepinks. Les Haines Rose were the craziest Punk band from Marseille. Totally insane.

Crapoulet and No Glory Records released this UFO with all their cover song.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment