Thursday, October 18, 2012

Anchor | Two Shows, Five Records

Anchor is one of the greatest Hardcore band in Europe. One of my favourite too. This is a really cool band who made some great records and performed a lot of insane shows.

I had the opportunity to see them twice and each time I left with a few records under my arm.

The first time I see Anchor was in Lyon in 2008. The band played with Verse on a boat. In fact it was a barge : La Marquise. Funky place. 


But Anchor played so loud that it was inaudible. Too bad. So, to confort me I bought a couple of 7".

Captivity Songs was released by Drastic Actions. I got the only edition from the second press : Black out of 330 copies. Unlike the first press, this edition got a exclusive dark green cover.


Retrospectively, I think they had some first press or maybe some Tour Press at the show, but I pick mine quickly and I didn't pay attention. Fuck.

Anchor / The Kind That Kills is a Split Single between two swedish band on a swedish label : Monument. So swedish.

Three songs from TKTK and two from Anchor. I don't have any information about the press. I just know mine is limited to 1000 copies on White Grey Splatter. Maybe this is the only edition for this records.


There is a really cool insert.


The last time I see Anchor was in my city, Marseille, this summer. We organized this fuckin' show just three days after Run With The Hunted and Unveil. What an amazing week !

Unlike the first show, this time Anchor was incredible. The experience of the road spoke : the band was square, fuckin' intense and they played my two favourite songs : Burden and Find Home.


So I cracked and picked some stuff again.

Relations Of Violence is a Single released in 2009 by the polish label Refuse.


The first press was Clear, so I think I got the second press because mine is Black. No more information....

Recovery is the last Anchor's album realeased on Refuse too. This record have a beautiful gatefold cover with a great booklet. I have the White vinyl out of 340 copies.


Gatefold is really neat.


Classy booklet.


Finally, my favourite record : The Quiet Dance. Released by Refuse (again) a few years ago, this is a fuckin' great album.

Strangely I never buy this record until this show. The fault is repaired ! I have the beautiful Clear Red from the second press out of 521 copies and I'm so happy.


The album comes with an insert.


No comments:

Post a Comment