Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Turbo A.C.'s | 1-800-Eat-Shit

These days I'm in the mood to exhume a few antiques from my 7" collection. Especially Punk Rock stuff. I bought this record a long time ago. Maybe in 2005. If my memories is correct, it was in Montpellier during a show of Tagada Jones and CondkOi, two greats Punk bands from France.

I saw The Turbo A.C.'s at a show in my city, Marseille, a few weeks before my purchase. I liked The Turbo A.C.'s, it was a really great band from New York City with a fast and furious Punk Rock. Famous in the 90's.

I don't know if the band still exists, it's been a while that I haven't heard about them.

So, I bought this 7" for two reasons : one, their new album, Avenue X, was excellent and the two songs from this Single come from this album. Two, I love the cover. I don't know who is the penciler but it's look like J. Scott Campbell or Jim Lee. Their is no mention about that inside the cover, too bad.

The 7" has been released in 2005 by Be Fast, a french label which is better known for his many amazing shows in a little student town like Montpellier.

Whatever, this record is limited to 500 copies, only on Black vinyl, and numbered on the back cover. I got the n° 266.


Seriously, this cover is amazing !


Credits are inside the cover.


After checking it seems that the band still exists. Crazy. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment