Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Champion | Come Out The Truth

I'm not a man very original. Champion is one of my favourite band and Promises Kept is one of my favourite record ever. Yes, like many people. But I never really collect Champion's vinyl. I have my european press copy of Promises Kept, one anonymous pressing from each two classics singles and I bought the two LP repress from Bridge Nine this year.

I'm ok with that, I spend a lot of money in my various collections like The Effort, Have Heart or What Feeds The Fire singles and it's enough.

But, last time I thought : why not at least buy the discs that I miss. So I took this two singles and I'm fuckin happy with that.

First this is the one shot pressing of The Truth, a single released by Bridge Nine in 2004. One song on each side : The Truth on side A and an unreleased cover of SSD's Glue on side B.


This record came with the Bridge Nine 7" pre-orders in Summer 2004 : Give Up The Ghost, Ramallah and The Distance.  If you ordered all three records, you got a copy of this 7" for free.

Exept the Test Press, Bridge Nine made only 500 copies of this on Black vinyl.

Then, I bought a copy from the first press of Come Out Swinging. I already have the Bridge Nine repress, but I also want the first edition by Platinum Recordings because, hey, different covers !

Phyte Records released the first Champion’s record only on CD, so Platinum Recordings, from Germany, released this on vinyl in 2001.


There is only one press with 12 Test Press, 143 Clear White with Tour Cover, 157 Clear White with regular cover, 900 Black and 20 very rare Clear White / Black with blank labels.

I got the Clear White with regular cover. Platinum released 300 copies and used 143 of them to the tour edition. So, the others Clear White are out of 157 copies. 


Finaly, Bridge Nine repress the single in 2003 with a brand new cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment